Avista provides resources to better understand your winter bill
Learn how to take control of your energy usage
SPOKANE, Wash. – Feb. 8, 2019: Customers can take advantage of a wide variety of resources offered by Avista to help manage energy costs year round. These resources are inherently more valuable during the coldest time of the year when your primary heating system is working harder to combat the colder temperatures outside. Heating can make up to 60 percent of a home’s monthly winter energy costs and Avista would like to help minimize the impacts to your energy bill.
Things to consider:
- Weather: if there is more than three days of 10 to 14 degrees below normal temperatures, the average customer will see an increase in energy use of 25 to 50 percent over that time frame, depending on individual household circumstances.
- Bill Cycle Days: the number of days in your billing cycle: this can vary month-to-month from 27 to 35 days.
- Rates: Avista’s electric and natural gas rates decreased in the fall of 2018.
- Usage Levels: Avista’s residential electricity rates increase as you use more. Please check the “Electric Detail” section on the back of your bill to see how much of your energy usage is in the various electricity usage levels.
Sign in to myavista.com (mobile friendly) and access tools to help you understand your current bill, as well as past use. You can compare this year’s use to last year’s, including temperature information, or look at details of past use. Take a tour today and see:
- Compare Your Bills: gives you a visual comparison of your usage with average temperatures, as well as other tools to compare your bills. Look at weather, usage, and bill cycle impacts that affect your bill.
- Billing & Payment History: look at your history, including details about your usage, number of billing days and average daily cost, high, low, average, and more.
Customers can learn more energy saving advice and how winter impacts their bill online at myavista.com/winterbill. Avista customer service representatives have a variety of resources available to assist those in need. Customers who have questions can contact Avista at (800) 227-9187.
About Avista Utilities
Avista Utilities is involved in the production, transmission and distribution of energy. We provide energy services and electricity to 387,000 customers and natural gas to 354,000 customers in a service territory that covers 30,000 square miles in eastern Washington, northern Idaho and parts of southern and eastern Oregon, with a population of 1.6 million. Avista Utilities is an operating division of Avista Corp. (NYSE: AVA). For more information, please visit www.myavista.com.
The Avista logo is a trademark of Avista Corporation.